Tuesday, May 3, 2011

shipping and handling

My lovely tablecloth is made from the green lattice laminate from Sisboom
We are gearing up to makeover our studio space and I've been blogging about it on my Modern June blog for a couple of weeks now. This piece of the puzzle is to help us get your laminated cotton and chalk cloth orders to you in nicely wrapped rolls, so I thought I would share it here on OCA too!

OOOOOOKKKKKKKKK! That's a really big roll of poly tubing...

Kathie (Shipping Junie of Love... yes, that is her official title) and I have been dreaming of the day when we can ship our chalk cloth goodies and our rolls of chalk cloth and laminated cotton more efficiently. For years we've been cutting down Uline's long poly mailers. We've cut them lengthways and widthways, so that we cut down on waste and costs. They cost us $1.70 a pop, so getting four packages out of one mailer was good business. We've also reused the poly tubing that the bolts came it. Often splitting them in half. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done cheaply.

I started squirreling away a few dollars here and there to buy a big roll of poly tubing. I figured that we needed to have it on hand before we made over the studio so we could plan on where to put it. HOLY COW, was I right about that! This bad boy is gigantic! I placed my MacBook in the shot so you had an idea of just how big this thing is.

Well, we had planned on attaching it to the wall that the cutting table butts up on to but I don't think that's such a great idea. Mr. Modern June would have a total fit about that!!! Officially, I am not allowed to hang things on the wall. It's not because I am girl, it's just that I really suck at it. ; ) Heck, I doubted that the rack would really stand up once the roll was put on. Engineering is cool, just like magic!

Who knows where this will end up! Stay tuned...

No comments: