Thursday, February 16, 2012

Q and A: Lamianted Cotton Tablecloths

A table should be pretty even when you live in a construction zone!

Q:  Does the laminated cotton work as well for a table cloth as the oil cloth? Where is the laminated cotton made? Which would you recommend for a dining room table?

A:  I am sitting at my dining room table right now and it's covered with the apple chevron laminated cotton. I've totally switched to laminated cotton for my personal use. Most of the fabric is wider -- 56" wide-- so I don't have to piece it together. That's a time saver!!

Everyone of my laminated tablecloths has lasted just as long as my oilcloths. The wipe up well and are just as water resistant as oilcloth. The nice thing is that they don't have that PVC smell. Laminate is covered with a PUL coating not PVC.

The fabric companies are importing it in from Korea.

Hope this helps,
 Kelly

1 comment:

Becky Home-ecky said...

I've done the same thing you have with regards to 56"in wide laminate being the perfect size for my table. But I have a question: how do you keep the laminate in place? Mine keeps slipping all over the table and it's making me crazy!