We are looking for two quick-thinking, energetic Junies to help us out, a Stitcher and a Cutter. If you are interested in one (or both!) please contact me, Kelly McCants at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modern June is centrally located on the North-side of Richmond, VA, near 195, HWY 64 and I-95.
We need a smart, well organized, go-getter to manage the cutting and sewing of our custom oilcloth and laminated cotton tablecloths. Basic patterning skills required, and seasoned sewing skills a must. Experience with oilcloth and laminated cotton are not required, and extensive training will be available.
You can work here at Modern June or in your own studio. This is a part time job that would bring in $400-$500 a month with room to increase your work load and earnings. We have much to do--this could become a nice full time job for the right person.
- References and relevant Job History desired.
- Production Payment: Per Piece or Percentage.
- This will be a 1099 job.
- Any time spent in training is paid hourly.
- At home stitchers will need a large cutting table and a heavy duty sewing machine with a Teflon or roller foot. An industrial sewing machine is preferred.
Position#2: CutterAre you a list making person that likes to work in a creative environment? We are looking for a energetic and well organized fabric cutter to help us process orders and keep our fabric inventory well kept. Sewing skills are nice, but not required. Stitchers would have great room for advancement.
Days: Tuesday and Friday (occasional 3rd day as needed)
Hours: 5-7 hour shifts, exact time TBD
Great part-time job for a stay-at-home-mom with school aged kids!!!
- Using Etsy.com to create "job lists" to be shared via Google Docs
- Gather job material bolts from shed
- Cut fabric
- Stack fold and fluff product
- Tag and bag = place in appropriate package WITH invoice Inventory