Friday, May 8, 2009

Q & A; chalk vs. chalk marker


Recently, I received a great question concerning what works best on chalk cloth, chalk sticks or chalk makers? I just had to share my answer with you all. (BTW, we now have chalk markers in the shop)

The question was...Can you use only traditional sticks of chalk or are those chalk markers used on menu boards safe as well?

The answer is... both are great on chalk cloth! First you need to cure your chalk cloth and then you are good to go.

I prefer the chalk sticks for everyday use. We homeschool our kids so I use our chalk cloth board daily, I use regular chalk for lessons. But I like using the markers/pens for more long lasting applications, such as my chalk cloth labels and Mason Jars.

Note: The chalk cloth markers can require a bit of elbow grease to get off the chalk cloth if the writing has been on there for a while. I think it is worth the extra effort!

Got a question? Bring it on!

No comments: